Soccer is a growing sport at Woodlands International College. 2017 is the first year that we have entered three age groups into the Ekurhuleni High School League.
League successes in 2017
- The Under 14, Under 15 and Under 19 Teams faced a challenging season this year. The Under 19 Team won two matches and the Under 15 Team won four matches.
Provincial successes in 2017
- The following players received their Easterns Colours this year:
- Under 19 – Tiago Carreira
- Under 17 – Keagan Turner and Nathi Cibi
- Under 15 – Miguel Moniz; Lushil Abbia; Keenan Primo; Ricardo Lopes; Uyanda Tyusha; and Unathi Nkosi
Tournament successes in 2017
- The Under 19 Team played in the Ekurhuleni High School Tournament in February of this year – of the eight matches played, four were won
- The annual Shangri-La Friendship Cup was again a runaway success. Woodlands hosted this year and the Under 15 Soccer Boys won
- Three of our players took part in the St Peter’s Festival in September as part of the Eastern’s Team: Tiago Carreira played for the Under 19 A Team and this team proceeded to the semi-finals; Keegan Turner and Nathi Cibi played for the Under 19 B Team and they won the Plate Final